Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 2, Cardio.





Tonight is cardio night boys and girls. Let the fun begin. Try not to think of cardio as such a bad thing. Try to have fun while you do it, because if you are pessimistic about the whole ordeal, then you will have that much worse of a bad time. Trust me. After about 2 weeks of doing cardio at my house, I am going to start rotating in days where I go to the racquetball club, and play some ball. Racquetball is probably one of the best ways to burn calories while having a blast. I change my shirt after every game I play because it is always drenched in sweat, always. Even when I was a little skinny guy back in the day, I still could sweat with the best of them. Sweating is one of the best parts of working out. There is something about breaking a good sweat on the racquetball court that I love.

The very first thing I'm going to do tonight is stretch a little bit. Stretch my legs the most because I'm going to be using them the most. My calves will also receive a good stretch. Get nice a limber before jumping on the treadmill.

So like I said in the previous post, the next thing I'm going to do tonight is hop on the ol' treadmill and start a nice walk/jog pace for about 20-25 minutes. Really make sure you get in some good warming up time on the treadmill before we get into the exercises.

To start a 'knee up', put both your hands in the air, then in one motion lift your right knee and touch it with your left elbow immediately followed by your left knee and right elbow. Do this for a good 30-45 seconds.

When 30-45 seconds is up, immediately follow with some running in place. Nothing crazy, just a nice jog/run pace to start with. I know it seems a little "wussy" for me to be running in place, but I find the results to be anything but.

After I run in place for 30 seconds, I immediately go to jump roping. I am going to jump rope at an easy pace. I am not going to try to set the world record for jump roping. I just want to do them good enough to feel a great burn in my whole body. (which I did) The burn felt great and I'm ready To repeat the last two exercises.

When I'm done repeating said exercises I'll throw the rope down and get in a ready position. The 'ready position' (see picture) in this case, is like this: right leg in front of the left leg, knees bent, back straight raise your right leg and do a front kick and bring your leg back to its original spot. Thats 1 rep. Do 30-45 seconds worth of reps.

After I do that, I immediately go into knee thrusts, they are like 'knee ups (see above paragraph) but you start from the ready position when you do Knee thrusts. You would start standing upward doing 'knee ups'. Get the difference? If not, hit me up and I'll give you better details. Ok so, Knee thrusts, they are great. They are like sit-ups standing up. They work nicely.

Next I go to side kick, just like front kicks, except you are kick to the side. Keeping your arms up in the ready position (see picture). When you do sidekicks, focus on really working your side abdominals. They are a great workout for that area. Abs are so incredibly key in racquetball. They stronger the abs, the harder you will hit the ball. I'ts all about abs, legs and back in a racquetball swing. I don't swing with my arm when I play racquetball, my arm just follows as my body whips it around and I snap my wrist at the very end. Thats a full blown racquetball forehand, in a nutshell.

Remember, I am doing these at a very low impact pace. I am not trying to over exert myself in any ways shape or form. I just want to get a nice sweat and get my heart rate going at a pace it hasn't been at in years. That, along with my new eating habits are they keys to helping me lose the most weight.

After I am done repeating the front kicks, knee thrusts and side kicks 3 x, I am ready to stretch it out. Let your body stretch and your heart continue to pump while you stretch, aiding to your losing even more weight. When your heart rate has gone down, and you are done stretching, you are done with cardio for today. Cardio is going to be like this every other day for the next 6 days or so. I will take a day off for rest. Racquetball will also be incorporated into my cardio routine at some point, but right now I'm starting out slowly and doing these exercises mentioned. Well, I am going to get ready for bed. I did have some pretzels, and a banana to snack on as well as ate some rotisserie chicken, same as I had last night. was very delicious. What did you have? Let me know. Comment me if you are actually reading this. I would like to say hello.

See ya tomorrow, bright and early. Later. Feesh

Some good stuff to check out while on your diet:
If you are looking for a low carb, low fat cookbook for some ideas, try the one I use. Click here


Get everything you need to start playing racquetball RIGHT HERE.

No comments: