Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 2...a little sore this morning.


So, needless to say I was sore as hell this morning. I had forgotten what a workout doing push-ups could be. I'm not going to dwell on my being sore though, because this was the first workout and it's probably going to just get worse over the course of the next two weeks. Oh well. If you are in the same situation as me, you should take some time and stretch it out in the morning. I just did some light stretching as soon as I peeled myself out of bed. It makes you feel a little better, and it gets your heart going early a bit, which is never bad. I had some water after I stretched and I grubbed 2 pieces of toast and a banana for breakfast. I would probably eat more, but I just don't have the biggest appetite in the morning, so I don't fight it too much. I do however make sure I eat something in the morning to 'break the fast' between last nights dinner and todays breakfast. Get it? Alrighty then. For lunch I made myself a sandwich, because they are delicious and they don't ever get old to me. If they don't have the same appeal to you as they have for me, try something else. If however, you can take a little repetitious eating, then by all means join me. I go light on the mayo, and thats about it. Add all the veggies and condiments at your hearts desire. Mind you, don't put a block of cheese, and a stack of bologna on your sandwich. Turkey, a little ham, chicken and so on. You get the drift, just nothing fatty. So thats what I've eaten so far today, and I'm really not hungry at all at the moment. I'm sure when 3 o'clock rolls around at it's usual time, I will start to encounter some hunger issues. Until then I'm good.
Today is cardio day. I will start after work but before I eat dinner. That is just the way I do things. I am going to start by taking a mild jog on my treadmill. I purchased one last year around christmas time on ebay, and unfortunately I am barely starting to get any use out of it. Better late than never I guess. If you don't have a treadmill, I really would recommend you getting one. They are sort of big and bulky, but mind folds up to save space. They make all kinds. Here is a link to Ebays treadmills, they have great deals year around. After I lightly jog for about 20-25 minutes. I am going to do some low impact exercises that are easy to do, but gets your heart-a-pumpin. It will be nice and easy, your soreness will probably subside for a few while your body is pumpin, but probably come back as you cool down. Be aware that being sore is a good thing, and if you feel this way it means you actually succeeded in working yourself out properly. If you don't feel sore, you are a either a finely oiled machine that is way too advanced for this workout, or you didn't do the exercises right or to your maximum potential. If you are on either side of the 'not sore' spectrum, find ways to fix this issue. Ok folks, until tonight.


We are not going to cover abs for a week or so. If you would like to get a jump start on abs, then Click Here and get the ab routine that I will be implementing.

No comments: